Overnight closures were expected to be complete for Thursday 26 but latest heavy rain and winds put a stop to the works.
Half a dozen roads in Blackpool could be closed overnight as dry weather conditions allows for ongoing work to finally continue after heavy rain fall and wind halted progression.
Holidaymakers and locals may have noticed over recent weeks, several roads around the seaside town being improved as part of Blackpool Council’s Project Amber.
The project aims to create 21st century roads to make Blackpool better through preserving and extending the life of road surfaces for five to eight years.
Whilst disruption was kept to a minimum with the council only beginning work between the hours of 8pm and 6am, bad weather stopped work altogether.
The initial deadline for the works to be completed is this Thursday (August 26).
With the road works looking likely to continue this week, here is a reminder of the affected routes that will be closed during construction hours:
- Progress Way, between Ashworth Road roundabout and Common Edge Road
- Squires Gate Lane, between Common Edge Road and Starr Gate
- New South Promenade, between Starr Gate and Station Road
- Promenade, between Talbot Square and Gynn Square
- Queen’s Promenade, between Gynn Square and Red Bank Road
- Queen’s Promenade, between Red Bank Road and Fleetwood Road
Blackpool Council said: “We’ve recently been carrying out road repair works on sections of Progress Way, Squires Gate Lane and the Promenade.