“It’s just horrible that the fact that Christmas is around the corner and they’ve just lost their home.”
A fundraiser has been set up to help a Blackpool family after a fire ripped through the top half of their home.
On Tuesday (October 14) a fire broke out that is believed to have been sparked by an electrical fault within a spotlight.
The flames were spotted by neighbours who called the fire brigade who managed to put out the flames before it reached the bottom floor.
The top level of the property has been completely devastated, including the roof.
Mum, Rebecca Hercus, dad Paul Wilson and their four children Esme, three; Ella, nine; Jay, 14; and Charlie, 16, have now had to leave their home and precious items which they will never get back.
Family friend, 34-year-old, Linda Binns, who is currently fostering, has set up a fundraiser page to try and help.
She told LancsLive: “Rebecca and Paul were at work at the time but luckily a neighbour the fire was seen by a neighbour who called the fire brigade.
“It’s just horrible that the fact that Christmas is around the corner and they’ve just lost their home. Rebecca is such a good person and is always helping people.
“She’s a carer at Annacliffe Care Home and she’s always taking the residents out.
“I just set up the page as something I could do to help and if anyone can help in anyway it would be much appreciated. Clothes, bedding, furniture – anything will help.”
The family’s landlord is trying to relocate the family however they won’t be able to return to their home any time soon.
- To donate to Linda’s fundraiser, please visit the GoFundMe link here