A 24-year-old Blackpool man is wanted on suspicion of drugs offences across the Fylde coast area.
Police are trying to trace Paul Ashcroft in connection with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs in Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre between October 2020 and June 2021.
His last known address was Derby Road, North Shore but detectives say the 24-year-old might be staying in the Preston area.
He is described as 5ft 4in tall, of slim build with blue eyes and mousey hair.
Paul Ashcroft is wanted in connection with Class A drugs offences in Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre between October 2020 and June 2021
Detectives are appealing to anyone with information about his location to come forward immediately.
In 2016, aged 18, Ashcroft was handed a 12-month sentence after he admitted stealing an £18,000 Rolex Submariner, along with high value jewellery and an iPad, from the home of a Fleetwood seaman.
A guilt-ridden Ashcroft handed himself over to police and later told Preston Crown Court that he panicked and threw the watch in the sea when he couldn’t find anyone who wanted to buy it on the local black market.
If you can help police, you should call 101 or email; email@example.com
Alternatively independent charity Crimestoppers can be reached on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
A woman known to her victims as the ‘poison dwarf’ chucked her own poo-covered clothes at police and kicked a female sergeant – after telling someone online she would burn their black friends, a court was told.
Jamie Lunn, 33, Warley Road, North Shore, didn’t go quietly as she was jailed for 44 weeks, with proceedings at Blackpool Magistrates’ Court being halted midway through because of her constant verbal interruptions.
Before being sent down today, Lunn had been found guilty of racially aggravated harassment, kicking a female police sergeant, and throwing her faeces-coated garments at the sarge while inside the police station.
She was also found guilty of sending a threatening Facebook message.
Jamie Lunn, 33, of Warley Road, North Shore, was jailed for 44 weeks on Monday, October 11, 2021, after being found guilty of a string of offences at Blackpool Magistrates’ Court
Prosecutor Peter Bardsley told the court: “She told one victim, ‘You are dead. I will burn you. My threats are not empty. I will also burn your black friends. They will be crisps in the morning.'”
Mr Bardsley said victims of Lunn, who also walked past someone’s window making a gun sign, had branded her a “poison dwarf”.
Representing herself, Lunn told magistrates, who branded her threats “vile”, that being sent to prison was “sending me down a spiral”.
Two staff members have been left ‘traumatised’ after they were threatened by a man who robbed an amusements arcade in Fleetwood.
The terrified women were threatened by the man who stormed into Sovereign Gaming in Lord Street demanding cash shortly after 8pm on Friday (October 8).
No one was injured in the raid, but the pair were left shaken by their encounter with the robber.
Police say the man made off with a “quantity of cash” and has not yet been found.
Two staff members were threatened by a man who stormed into Sovereign Gaming in Lord Street, Fleetwood demanding cash shortly after 8pm on Friday (October 8). Pic: Google
Lord Street was closed for around an hour whilst officers flooded the area to search for the suspect without success.
A description of the man has not been provided by Lancashire Police, but the force said “enquiries are ongoing”.
A police spokesman said: “We were called around 8.10pm on Friday (October 8) to a report of a robbery in Fleetwood.
“It was reported a man had entered Sovereign Gaming in Lord Street and threatened staff before taking a quantity of cash.
“No one was injured in the incident with the man making off from the scene.
“An investigation is underway and enquiries ongoing.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 quoting log 1465 of October 8.
Paula Gowen, who works at Sovereign Gaming, said her two staff members were left ‘traumatised’ after being threatened by the man.
She said: “Can I just say thank you to everyone that has sent good wishes to my staff after what happened on Friday night at Sovereign Gaming, it means a lot. But someone must know who did it.
“Two defenceless women were threatened and left traumatised by what had happened, so please, if anyone has any information – or even better a name – please can you come forward and let the police know.”
The incident took place on Devonshire Road yesterday afternoon. Image: Karl Bonney
Fire crews from Blackpool and South Shore Fire Stations responded to a road traffic collision on Devonshire Road in Bispham, Blackpool yesterday which occurred shortly after 3 pm.
On arrival at the scene, firefighters found the incident involved a car on its roof on the pavement, however the driver was able to get themselves out and was then assessed by a doctor who was passing by.
Fire crews then made the vehicle safe by isolating the cars battery.
The driver of the car, a woman, has since been checked over at a hospital and was given the all clear.
A train driver’s window was cracked by an object hurled at the Blackpool service as it passed through Leyland at 90mph over the weekend.
The driver was left “very shaken”, said British Transport Police, who are investigating the incident.
The Northern service had been passing through Leyland on its way to Blackpool North at around 9.45pm on Saturday (October 9) when the driver heard a “loud bang”.
An unknown object had struck the train, piercing the window and causing hundreds of pounds in damage.
The train had been passing through Leyland on its way to Blackpool North at around 9.45pm on Saturday (October 9) when the driver heard a “loud bang”. An unknown object had struck the train, piercing the window and causing hundreds of pounds in damage.
British Transport Police has shared a picture of the damage and say the train driver was lucky not to be injured in the incident.
No one has been arrested at this stage, but officers are investigating.
A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: “This train was passing through Leyland Station at 90mph at 2145 hrs last night.
“In the darkness an object was thrown, the driver heard a loud bang, and this is the damage to the train.
“The driver was very shaken, but fortunately not injured.”
A spokesman for Northern said: “This sort of behaviour is completely unacceptable and dangerous to our staff and those travelling on our trains – the railway will not let this carry on.
“We will do everything we can to help British Transport Police to find the individuals who did this.”
A segregated cycle lane is set to be created along a stretch of one of the Fylde coast’s busiest routes.
Lancashire County Council’s cabinet has given the green light to the installation of the facility on the A584 Clifton Drive North in St. Annes. It will run between the road’s junction with Highbury Road West and Squires Gate, replacing the non-partitioned cycle lane currently in place.
However, related plans to turn that section of the highway into a so-called “red route” – which outlaws stopping in almost all circumstances – have been put on hold after they attracted just under 50 complaints from locals.
The route will also see a reduction in its speed limit from 40 to 30 miles-per-hour where the lower limit does not already apply.
Clifton Drive North will get a two-way segregated cycle lane on the coastal side of the road (image: Google)
The move comes more than five years after the road was identified by cycling charity Sustrans as “having traffic speed and flow above that which would be acceptable” given its place on the National Cycle Network.
A two-way, three-metre wide cycle track will now be constructed on the northbound, coastal side of the road, with a separate two-metre wide footway on the carriageway side.
The design will mean that cyclists pass behind the bus stops along the route so as to avoid crossing paths with passengers getting on or off public transport. The positioning of the bus stops on the northbound side of the road will also be amended to space them out more evenly, reducing their overall number from five to four.
Meanwhile, an existing pelican crossing at what was the entrance to the now-demolished Pontins site will be removed, with five new pedestrian refuge islands introduced along the route instead.
Cabinet member for highways Charlie Edwards told the cabinet meeting that the new arrangements would make crossing the road “a lot easier”.
Short sections of shared cycleway and footpath will be included at the start and end of the route, as there was insufficient funding to carry out the junction remodelling that would otherwise have been necessary if the segregated lane started immediately.
County Cllr Peter Buckley, cabinet member for cultural services, who also represents the St. Annes North division, welcomed the scheme – and the rethink over the red route.
“The introduction of a segregated cycleway will encourage recreational cyclists and families and the additional pedestrian refuges will help those in the Coastal Dunes estate, which is the former Pontins site, to be able to cross the road safely.
“The introduction of the red route would have particularly impacted those residents in the southern section of the road near the Highbury Road traffic lights and I’m pleased that revised parking proposals are being considered,” County Cllr Buckley said.
An alternative parking solution will now be developed for further public consultation before being brought back to cabinet at a later date.
A total of 73 responses were received to the consultation into the original plans for the scheme, featuring 112 objections – 46 of which related to the proposed red route.
Other concerns included the risk that sand would be a danger to cyclists because of the positioning of the cycle lane closer to the coast than the footpath. However, highways officers noted that sand already made its way onto the main carriageway and said that they were attempting to mitigate the risk by using a close-graded surface so that deposits were less likely to collect on top of it.
There were also calls from several respondents to retain the pedestrian crossing, but County Hall said that the changes would provide “more opportunities to cross” and also fulfilled the intention to “alter the character of the road by raising the profile and priority of vulnerable users”.
The project will cost £1.1m overall, and will be jointly funded by the county council and Sustrans, which is the custodian of the National Cycle Network, and has secured a £615,000 grant for the scheme from the Department for Transport.
Take-aways, off-licences and b&bs are among the businesses being targeted as part of a crackdown on child exploitation in Blackpool.
A £40,000 pilot scheme has seen a specialist team set up to protect children, including those missing from home, who are vulnerable due to being out on the streets at night and weekends.
Powers have been used including closure orders on two brothels and a crack house, while there have been 87 visits to premises where children were believed to be at risk, with local authority powers of entry used to gain access to some properties.
The three month pilot was set up in May with funding expected to be secured in order to continue with it.
The project is aimed at tackling child exploitation
Jeanette Richards, assistant director of children’s services at Blackpool Council, told councillors the authority was taking a “zero tolerance” stance on the criminal and sexual exploitation of children.
She said: “The nature of that coercive relationship is often hidden from the public eye.
“This is why we have to get out into the community to keep an eye on areas of concern and identify hotspots.”
In a presentation to the tourism, economy and communities scrutiny committee, Ms Richards said a town-wide approach had been taken involving workers from the council, police and health services who shared intelligence from the community on a daily basis.
The additional funding had helped to pay for out-of-hours patrols to target the times when vulnerable children were most at risk.
She added: “We have visited parks, piers, take-aways and home addresses and the focus and source of intelligence for these visits is numerous.”
Ms Richards warned the process needed to be relentless because “If we disrupt activity at one take-away, we might see it at another.
“So it is about constant surveillance and taking a zero tolerance approach.”
Action has included the serving of closure notices, civil injunctions, use of licensing powers and 19 community protection warnings.
A council report says: “In terms of problem places, outreach targeted the night time economy, hotels, bed and breakfasts, airbnbs, ‘party’ houses, taxi firms, off licences and take-away shops in which young people are vulnerable to exploitation.
“Creating a visible presence, raising awareness and forming relationships with staff, proprietors and young people.
“These businesses can be the eyes and ears in deprived neighbourhoods and are ideally located to potentially identify concerns regarding child exploitation.”
The report adds “activity has increased around a number of takeaways following intel of young girls potentially being groomed” while “one food establishment was reportedly employing young girls who were sexually harassed by the manager and his friends. ”
Queen Street, which is a focus for Blackpool’s night scene, has also “seen an increase in young people frequenting the area” while other areas of concern are “drug dealing at some hotels; drug criminality and underage young people purchasing rooms.”